Applications for the 2020-2021 Romano Law, P.C. Scholarship for Justice opened on June 1st, 2020.
Oregon Criminal Defense Attorney Michael Romano and Romano Law, P.C. serve clients throughout the State of Oregon, and proudly hold the government to their burden of proof in criminal cases. We are interested in helping public interest law students with some of the substantial expenses in pursuing a legal degree. The $1,000 scholarship is open to all undergraduate students who have been accepted into an ABA-Approved law school anywhere in the United States.
Applicants for the Scholarship for Justice must also meet the following criteria:
- You must be accepted to an ABA-Approved law school in the United States, and begin your first year of law school in the fall of 2018.
- Academic achievement is a factor, and you must have maintained an average “C+” or 2.3 GPA during college.
- There will be no preference in the award of the scholarship based on the basis of age, race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, military service, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry, heritage, or socio economic status. However, you must be a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to live and work in the United States.
Applicants must apply by by submitting the following information:
- Their name, address, phone number, and email address.
- A 2,000 word essay detailing the reforms necessary to restore integrity in American police forces and to minimize institutional racism, the abuse of the mentally ill, and reduce deaths and injuries by violent police misconduct. The essay will be published on Romano Law, P.C. following award of the scholarship, along with a photograph and credit to the scholarship winner and author.
- An acceptance letter from an ABA-approved law school within the United States.
- Proof of legal residency in the U.S. (i.e., birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
The Scholarship for Justice application deadline is Friday September 1st, 2018, and will be awarded Friday September 30, 2018 and the winner will be notified via email. Please do not otherwise call, fax, or email our office. We will let you know that we received the application, and we will notify all applicants of the winner.
The Scholarship for Justice consists of a $1,000 check to be used for law school expenses, and the winner certifies that they will comply with all IRS reporting requirements.
Thank you for your interest, and good luck!