Have you been arrested or cited for a DUI in Beaverton Oregon? We can help. Beaverton DUI attorney Michael Romano and Romano Law, P.C. handle cases in Beaverton and throughout Washington County.
Call Us Today For a Free 15 Minute DUI Strategy Session
We will go over:
- The relevant facts of your case,
- The Oregon DUI laws concerning your case and all potential charges,
- Whether or not your case may be eligible for dismissal,
- Whether or not you may be eligible to enter Oregon’s DUI diversion program,
- Ways to avoid a driver’s license suspension through a DMV hearing,
- If you’re suspended, how to get a hardship permit, and
- An overview of possible factual and legal defenses available to you.
Many of the decisions that need to be made in Oregon DUI cases need to be made quickly. Therefore we strongly suggest that you do not delay, and that you contact an attorney right away. When you call, please have available:
- Your Oregon DMV Implied Consent Combined Report (the long, yellow, fill-in-the-blank form),
- Your Intoxilyzer 8000 Breath Test Report (if you received one),
- A copy of your ticket or citation, and
- A pen and paper.
This DUI strategy session is no-cost and no-obligation. Call today.
Beaverton DUI Lawyer & Attorney Michael Romano
- Former DUI prosecutor and current defense attorney
- 16+ years of trial experience
- 10,000+ hours in the courtroom
- 200+ criminal jury trials
- Trained in the administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFSTs)
- Also trained in the instruction of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFSTs)
- Trained in the operation of the Intoxilyzer 8000 breath testing device
- Dedicated to effective DUI and criminal defense
General Information About Beaverton Oregon
Beaverton, Oregon is a city about seven miles west of downtown Portland. Beaverton was incorporated in 1893 and– as of today– with a population of approximately 92,000 people, it’s the second-largest city in Washington County and the sixth-largest city in Oregon.
DUI Enforcement in Beaverton Oregon
The Beaverton Police Department consists of several officers led by Chief of Police Geoff Spalding. The Beaverton Police Department has Intoxilyzer 8000 breath testing machines installed & maintained by the Oregon State Police Forensic Services Division. Other police agencies that may patrol and arrest & issue citations for DUII include–but are not limited to– the Oregon State Police and the Washington County Sheriff’s Department.
Beaverton DUI Arrest Information
The Beaverton Police Department reported in May of 2016 that they’d made 35 DUI arrests in the month of April 2016 as part of a grant-funded National Traffic Safety Campaign. These High Visibly Enforcement (HVE) campaigns are paid for by grant funds. Year-to-date at the time of the announcement, the police department reported 145 Beaverton DUI arrests, 22 of which resulted in a breath test refusal and application for a warrant for a blood draw.
Beaverton Oregon DUI Jail Service
Drivers arrested for DUI in Washington County will typically be booked into the Washington County Jail and– if later convicted of DUI and ordered to serve jail time– will also serve their jail there as well.
Beaverton DUI Criminal Cases
A DUI case in or near Beaverton will typically be handled by either the Washington County District Attorney’s Office and proceed through the Washington County Circuit Court, or the City of Beaverton Attorney’s Office and proceed through the Beaverton Municipal Court.
In some cases, a stop west of Beaverton could be referred for prosecution to the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office and proceed through the Multnomah County Circuit Court. If you elect to have an Implied Consent hearing— often called a DMV Hearing— the hearing location won’t be affected by which city or county you’re in, but rather where the nearest hearing location for the Office of Administrative Hearings is located. A Beaverton DUI will usually have the Implied Consent hearing held in Tigard.
Beaverton DUI Attorney Michael Romano
If you’ve been arrested for a Beaverton DUI charge, or if you were issued a DUI citation in Beaverton, Romano Law, P.C. can help. We have offices in downtown Portland and we offer no-cost, no-obligation initial consultations in-person, by phone, or by video conference.